Friday, February 11, 2011

CLOROX JUMPS FIVE DOLLARS PER SHARE IN ONE DAY!

My stake in Clorox (CLX:NYSE) jumped a little over $5 per share Friday!  I suspect it has more than a little to do with Carl Icahn's announcement that his investment funds own 12.5 million shares of the companys' outstanding stock.  (About 9.1% of the company.)  Icahn says he bought the shares because he thinks they're undervalued and he supports Clorox's plan to buy back 10 to 11 million shares by the end of their fiscal year. 

I'm very supportive of the stock buy back as well and I'm glad to see Icahn is interested in the stock.  Including today's big jump, my stake in Clorox is up a little over 18%.  Not the biggest gain I've seen of late, but still, not to shabby.  At an 18% return you can double your money every 4 years.  Clorox is one of my core holdings in my taxable investment account.  I expect them to be around for years to come and look forward to collecting a steady stream of dividend income.  Nice to see some price appreciation though.

No comments: