Friday, December 3, 2010

WINDSTREAM: ANOTHER FREE STOCK

My stake in Windstream Corp. (WIN:NASDAQ) is up by 28.84% since my initial purchase.  I've put in an order to sell most of my shares so I will regain all of my initial cash investment.  The remaining shares were paid for with profits (capital gains) from my investment in Windstream, making them essentially free stock.  I will have none of my own money tied up in these shares, so all past and future dividends plus any gains in share price from now on, are just icing on the cake.  Counting Windstream, I'm up to 5 different companies I've repeated this strategy with.  I'm looking to do more as opportunities present themselves, with a goal of building an entire portfolio of free dividend paying stocks.

As for the money I've pulled out of the stock, I've placed an order to purchase shares of Annaly Mortgage Management (NLY:NYSE).  NLY currently pays a dividend of $2.72 per share which represents a yield of 14.95% on their recent share price of $18.20.  While an increase in interest rates could hurt NLY's profits, I'm hoping to collect a nice return on dividends while rates are low, then trade out of the stock should rates begin to rise.  The goal here is to boost monthly cash flow from dividends with this one. 

No comments: