Wednesday, December 8, 2010

FOLLOW UP ON ANNALY MORTGAGE MANAGEMENT

My sale of Windstream shares and purchase of Annaly Mortgage Management are complete.  Looks like I may be positioned to collect my first dividend payment from Annaly (NLY) either by the end of this month or sometime around the first part of 2011, depending on the ex-dividend date.  Either way I stand to collect over three times as much in dividend payments as I was making with Windstream.  As long as interest rates remain favorable I should be able to hold shares of the REIT for quite a while and continue collecting the increased dividend income.  At the same time I'll still be collecting a nice dividend payment from Windstream (WIN) shares that were paid for out of capital gains.  Was also able to keep back some of my original cash investment to hold as a reserve in my money market account, should I need the extra cash or find another investment I'd like to take advantage of. 

No comments: