Thursday, September 2, 2010

A REMINDER OF WHY WE INVEST IN STOCKS

The markets rally over the past few days serves as a reminder of why we invest in stocks.  It is extremely gratifying to see the rapid increases in wealth that even a small rally in the market can bring.  While I doubt anyone, including myself, has gained enough over the past few days to quit their day jobs, it's still good to see some gains.  While I suspect that a true recovery of the economy and the stock market will only come with recovery  in the job market, small rallies along the way remind us of better days to come.

On Wednesday of last week, I wrote about getting another check from SendEarnings.com.  Today I discovered that I have started earning money from referrals.  So far I only have 2 referrals, so the amount is quite small, but I'm excited none the less because I see the potential for greater earnings in the future.  I'm still planning on investing my checks in dividend stock so I can keep the money growing.  This reminds me of what Robert Kyosaki talked about in one of his "Rich Dad" series of books about creating wealth building assets with no money.  He basically said if you want to be rich, you need to learn to create income producing assets from nothing.  With SendEarnings you invest no money, it's totally free to sign up.  You don't have to buy anything, you can earn money from reading paid emails, doing surveys and so on.  I started earning money faster when I decided to do a portion of my regular shopping through their associated retailers.  I only purchase items that I would normally buy anyway, but with SendEarnings I get some of my money back with every purchase.  What could be better?  The money I save and the money I earn all goes in to my investment portfolio.  So basically it's like creating wealth without investing any of my own money.  My idea right now is to invest in a couple of stocks with my earnings and see how much I can make it grow. 

No comments: