Sunday, September 5, 2010

BIG LOTS BARGAINS

I recently paid a visit to my local Big Lots Store.  Got a great deal on a wireless keyboard and mouse combo for my desktop computer.  They had the least expensive prices I'd seen anywhere for the set.  They also had great deals on some nice laptop cases and even though I don't really need one right now, it's nice to know for future reference.

Another thing I love about their store is the primo line of furniture they carry.  While it's not like visiting your local furniture store, they do have quite a selection and the prices were unbelievable for the quality of merchandise.  When I'm in the market for new furniture, this will be the first place I visit.  I could have easily refurnished my 2 bedroom apartment with fantastic furniture for less than $3,000.  Which is most likely what I'll do as soon as I finish paying off my credit cards. 

I would consider investing in their stock (Ticker Symbol--BIG:NYSE) but I limit my investments to mostly dividend stocks and don't currently pay dividends.  Although, in their defense as an investment the companies stock price is up 33.94% for the past year.  Pretty impressive.

No comments: