Wednesday, March 24, 2010

LATEST ADDITIONS TO MY PORTFOLIO


Yesterday I purchased shares in British Petroleum Trust (BPT) and Campbells Soup (CPB). I also added shares of Clorox (CLX). BPT I added for their great dividend payout and CPB and CLX for their long-term prospects. The way I look at it, they always tell you to invest in what you know and I know that even when I had very little money, I always bought Clorox products and Campbells Soup. I figure I'm far from being the only one. When you talk about franchise names, you can't find any better than those two.

The market was not too kind today. However, I was kind of hoping for prices to drop some, so I can take advantage of lower share prices and add more franchise names to my portfolio. You can never go wrong with quality stocks, especially when you're thinking long-term. Corporate America is operating in a very difficult environment right now and it doesn't look to get any better real soon, so I'm thinking high quality investments are the way to go. Won't be making too many speculative investments this year.

No comments: