Monday, May 5, 2008

Revising My Financial Plan for 2008

After reading Robert Kiyosaki's latest article in the Rich Dad blog about thinking big:

http://richdadblog.blogspot.com/2008/05/thinking-big-is-best-plan.html

I decided I needed to make some revisions to my financial plan for the year. I have already accomplished many of the goals I set back in December of 2007 and I'm thinking that maybe I need to expand my plan. While I think it's good to set realistic goals, so you don't always set yourself up for failure, I realize now that my goals may have been too short-sighted. In other words, I've been thinking too small and need to expand my perception of what I am able to accomplish for the remainder of the year.

Of course it would be easier to leave things as they are and coast through the rest of 2008, knowing that I will have attained all of my personal and financial goals for the year. However, nothing worthwhile in life is ever really easy and if my true goal is to be on the fast track to financial freedom, then I'm going to have to come up with new goals and expand my plan to accomplish them. Once again I've gotten a wake up call from one of the best financial writers in the business. Thanks again Robert....

"You can achieve anything you want in life if you have the courage to dream it, the intelligence to make a realistic plan, and the will to see that plan through to the end." - Sidney A. Friedman

No comments: