Thursday, May 8, 2008

IRA's, 401k's and Mutual Funds Revisited

On February 25th of this year, I wrote an entry in my blog explaining why I don't invest in mutual funds.

http://thebluecollarinvestor.blogspot.com/2008/02/why-i-dont-invest-in-mutual-funds.html

On November 14th, 2007 I also wrote an entry concerning my views on IRA and 401k retirement accounts.

http://thebluecollarinvestor.blogspot.com/2007/11/iras-and-401ks-and-lions-and-tigers-and.html

Needless to say, my views are not extremely popular. I'm sure that, due to these two articles, a lot of readers and so called "investment professionals" would question my credibility as an investor. However, I'm not exactly writing to give investment advice to anyone. I'm writing about what I personally am doing to build my investment portfolio, it's up to the reader to make up their own mind about what's right for them.

Having said all that, I thoroughly enjoyed reading Robert Kiyosaki's latest post on the Rich Dad blog, "Playing the Mutual Fund Lottery." I came to many of the same conclusions expressed in this article after my experience with mutual fund investments and after reviewing both IRA's and 401k's and deciding against investing in them for retirement. Robert Kiyosaki's credibility, as a successful investor and best-selling author, is unimpeachable. Read what he has to say on the subject of mutual funds and retirement accounts at:

http://richdadblog.blogspot.com/2008/05/playing-mutual-fund-lottery.html

No comments: