Friday, November 30, 2007

My Most Recent Find

I just wrote about the financial sector yesterday and how now might be the time to find some great buys. Today, while going over some dividend paying stocks and funds, I took another look at American Capital Strategies. Since I first looked at this publicly traded private equity fund about six months ago, they have increased their dividend from $3.68 to $4 per share, the dividend yield has increased from 9.7% to 10.7%. Their price to book is 1.07 with a price to earnings of 3.90 (they had earnings of $9.72 per share). Through all of the recent turmoil in the financial sector, their price per share has only dropped by a few cents. Anyone interested in picking up a good dividend payer might want to check them out. The ticker symbol is ACAS and they are listed on the NASDAQ. After reviewing all the information I could find on them, I am adding some of their shares to my own portfolio. I would suggest that before you buy, you do your own research and see if this fund is right for you.

No comments: