Wednesday, October 3, 2018

CASHED IN GAIN ON HWBK AND BOUGHT MORE AGNC

I'd been sitting on a gain of over 51% on my HWBK shares in my IRA for quite some time now.  While I think it's a pretty decent stock, I wasn't really making much in dividends.  So I sold all shares, collected the gain and reinvested the money in more shares of AGNC.  This more than doubles the amount of money I was earning in dividends from HWBK for the same dollar investment and the dividend is paid monthly.

AGNC has a dividend of .18 cents per share or an 11.59% yield on their current price of $18.70 per share.  Their price to earnings is 5.4 with earnings per share of $3.46.  Since the stock price is currently down from my initial buy in price, I've also lowered my average price per share.  Overall, I'm pretty happy with this trade and look forward to collecting dividends from AGNC for many years to come.

No comments: