Thursday, April 19, 2018

APRIL 2018 TO SET NEW RECORD HIGH FOR DIVIDEND INCOME!

With April typically being one of the lower months for dividend income and after last month's near record high, I wasn't expecting to do quite so well this month.  However, I did a quick estimate today after posting dividend payments from PSEC and ZTR and April will set a new record for dividend income.  Not only will it beat out March 2018, it will be nearly double April 2017's income and will beat the all time highest month to date, December 2017, by more than 3%!

This leads me to believe all the recent trades I've made were a good thing.  Especially when you consider that income increases from some of the trades don't even kick in until next month.  Which means that this month's record may be short lived.  While May has only 41 dividends compared to April's 43, the amounts will be higher and I'll collect the last dividend from VZ.  If that doesn't break this month's record, June surely will with it's total of 46 dividend payments.

Read an article on AEG today which makes me wish I'd bought more shares around the $4 mark.  While my stake is up considerably, I have no plans on selling.  I originally bought the shares as a way of collecting back some of the fees charged on my 401k.  My 401k is run by TransAmerica which is owned by AEG.  So I bought the shares of AEG on the cheap with the idea of collecting the dividend to get back some of the money they charge for managing my 401k.  I also own a piece of AEG through JPS, one of my convertible securities funds.  After seeing how much AEG earns per share compared to what they pay out in dividends, I think it's well worth holding on to in it's own right.  Looks like it could turn out to be a very good long term investment, although I wish they paid dividends more than twice a year.

No comments: