Tuesday, December 5, 2017

WHY I BOUGHT NLY

Sold my shares of QCOM last week and used the profits to purchase shares of NLY.  While it's still just a quarterly dividend, I'll earn nearly 3 times as much in dividends as I was earning with the same amount of money invested in QCOM.  According to NASDAQ. com, NLY pays a quarterly dividend of 30 cents per share, which works out to a yield of 10.17% on their recent price of $11.93 per share.  They reported earnings of $2.50 per share, way more than enough to cover their $1.20 per year in dividends.  Their current price to earnings is a very low 4.79.  While Annaly Capital Mortgage may not be right for everyone's portfolio, with these numbers, I'm more than willing to add it to mine.  I'll collect my first dividend in January 2018!  Great way to kick off the new year.  

Should our company pay a Christmas bonus this year, I also hope to add shares of AGNC, JPS and GLAD, before the end of December.  This will bring my total number of dividend payments per year to a staggering 516!  Should this all work out, my goal for the remainder of 2018 will be to build positions in current holdings, increasing monthly cash flow as rapidly as possible. 

No comments: