Thursday, December 7, 2017

BOOSTING DIVIDEND INCOME OVER 5% WITH CHRISTMAS BONUS!

It has been my habit to invest at least half of any bonuses I receive from work and this year's Christmas bonus is no exception.  With half the money I receive from my Christmas bonus, I've decided to purchase stakes in AGNC, JPS and GLAD.  All three pay monthly dividends, with AGNC generating the highest amount.  By adding these three stocks to my portfolio, I'll boost monthly dividend income over 5%!  It will be like getting an additional "bonus" every month of the year!  What better way to kick off the new year than to give yourself a raise.

Speaking of the new year, I've seen a lot of speculation floating around the internet about a market downturn in 2018.  While it wouldn't surprise me much, I do have a contingency plan in place should it occur.  For now, I'm reinvesting all dividends, but should the market go into a dive, I'll divert all dividend payments to cash.  When things start to level off, I'll dive back in and invest the accumulated cash at the lower prices.  Could turn out to be a great opportunity to pick up future income at a much lower price.  

No comments: