Thursday, January 5, 2017

HWBK INCREASES DIVIDEND!

Collected first dividend payment from Hawthorn Bank (HWBK) for 2017 and was pleased to see they'd increased the dividend from .05 to .06 cents per share.  Also received the first dividend payment from monthly dividend payer CCD.  It's always gratifying to add a new stream of dividend income.  Should also get the first dividend from SPLV later in the month.

Reviewed my 401k statement online.  Looks like my two fund picks are far outperforming the target retirement fund the company picked out for me.  So much for their expertise.  Still it's nice to see the total investment increasing every month.  The return is not all that much but the regular deposits from my paychecks are adding up pretty fast.

Signed up for Swagbucks to add another small stream of income.  Looks like it will be pretty easy to make an extra $25 to $50 per month.  Definitely plan on investing any cash earned.  They say you can earn up to $150 per month watching videos, but I'm thinking that's not very likely to happen.

Just finished reading Charles Carlson's "The Little Book of Big Dividends."  I'd highly recommend it for anyone interested in dividend investing.  It's explains everything you need to know about dividend investing and is packed with actionable advice including sample dividend portfolios.  While it was nothing new to me, it was an interesting read and provided some good ideas I could incorporate into my own investment plan.


No comments: