Monday, August 24, 2015

MARKET CORRECTION PROVIDES BUYING OPPORTUNITY

While the drop in portfolio value is painful to watch, I've been looking at the market correction as a buying opportunity.  So I put in an order to purchase additional shares of AOD and ROYT.  At current prices, the cash invested will boost monthly cash flow from dividends by 10%!  While this doesn't take all the sting out of declining portfolio value, it does go a long way toward boosting morale.

If you look at market corrections as buying opportunities instead of panicking and selling, it's been my experience that it usually works out in your best interest.  Back in 2008 when the market crashed, I didn't sell anything.  Instead I invested as much as I could to take advantage of the lower prices.  As it turned out, when the market recovered I ended up with way more money than I'd ever had before.  While the current correction is unlikely to be as bad as 2008, it still presents a good buying opportunity and I'm ready to take advantage of it to boost overall yield from my investments.

No comments: