Wednesday, August 6, 2014

160 EXTRA PAYDAYS PER YEAR!

The month of August kicked off with 5 dividend payments in
the first few days of the month.  I like to think of dividend
payments as “extra paydays” only I don’t have to do any extra
work to get paid.  Once the money is invested in shares of stock
or dividend paying funds, the paydays just keep coming.  So
far I’m up to 160 days per year, or a payday every 2.28 days.
If you add in the 24 paydays I get from my job that brings my
total paydays to 184 per year, or a payday every 1.98 days.
Think about that for a minute.  How long would it take to
accumulate a good deal of money when you get paid every 2
days?  Of course the answer would depend on what you do
with the money when you get paid.  For now I’m reinvesting
100% of the “paydays” from my investment account and I
continue to add additional cash to build my portfolio as rapidly
as possible.  Honestly it’s been very tough for me the past few
years.  I’ve lost a great deal of my life savings due to medical
bills from my heart attacks and heart surgery, haven’t been
able to find a good job and the job I have has cut hours to
avoid paying for Obamacare insurance.  So I’ve had to adjust
my standard of living and look for ways to pay the bills and
make ends meet.  Some months I’m barely able to keep my
head above water, but I don’t give up.  I’ve been given a second
chance and I’ve come a long way.  Still have some medical bills
to pay and there is never any money for luxury items.  Some
weeks I have only $10 to buy food for the week, but I can see
the light at the end of the tunnel and I know that frugality and
perseverance will win out in the end.

The “paydays” get bigger each month and the bills get smaller
and that’s the way to dig yourself out of a financial hole.  Just
have to stay the course and everything will work out fine.

No comments: