Thursday, November 7, 2013

COLLECTED FIRST DIVIDEND FROM PFF

Collected my first dividend from PFF, the preferred stock fund.  Was glad to start collecting from them so soon after purchasing my original stake, since I didn't expect a dividend until next month.  Also added an extra cash deposit to my IRA to pick up shares of POT earlier in the month.  While it's still too late to capture the next dividend, it speeds up my investment program by investing ahead of schedule.  Next month I'll do the same with my taxable account which will keep me on schedule, making at least one cash investment per month, alternating between my retirement account and my taxable account.  So effectively I'll jump a month ahead with my investment plan.  Should help boost overall cash flow in 2014.

Still haven't found a second job yet, but have managed to pick up extra hours at the workplace.  Don't know how long that will last, since it's largely due to a lack of help.  As soon as they hire replacements for the people who've quit, I'll most likely be back on my old schedule.  So I'll continue to look for another part time job or a job with full time hours.  I'm sure it will all work out one way or another.

No comments: