Friday, May 17, 2013

MONTHLY DIVIDEND CASH FLOW FOR MAY UP OVER 50% OVER FEBRUARY 2013!

While the month of May, as the second month of the second quarter of 2013, started off with a bang, I had no special expectations since I knew I would only be collecting 6 dividend payments for the entire month.  However, when I compared this months' expected earnings to the month of February (second month of the first quarter), I was surprised to see monthly cash flow has increased by over 50%!  Much better than I'd expected.  A nice surprise and more proof that my investment plan for 2013 is on track.

Pickles and I are on the move, literally.  I've been spending all my extra time after work painting and cleaning our new apartment.  We're moving in to a larger place and it's going to be a much better place for both of us.  I've said before that you can live on whatever you make, you just have to figure out how. It's been a rough couple of months, but things are looking up.  One of my relatives own the building we're moving to and we're getting the apartment in exchange for working on the building. We'll be staying there as caretakers until the building either sells or I work out a deal to buy our own place.  I'm way over paying rent.  Time to buy.

On the health front, I've lost a total of 47 pounds and have only 28 pounds to go to reach my goal weight of 190.  Been sticking with my exercise program 5 days a week and taking lots of walks with Pickles.  Also sticking to the high protein, low fat, low carb diet in an effort, not only to lose weight, but hopefully to improve my cholesterol.  I'll be getting a test in June, so I'm anxious to see how it will turn out.  The weight loss has been gradual, over the past 3 or 4 months.  I usually lose around 2 pounds per week, which is really the best way to go.  Fad diets don't work.  You have to come up with a healthy diet that you personally can live with and you have to exercise.  It's the only way to keep it off.  Not only do you look and feel better, but you can save a bundle on medical expenses by staying healthy.

Finally, I have to follow up on my last post about mutual funds.  The reason my discovery made me so excited is, it gave me hope that even with the major setbacks to my retirement planning due to health issues over the past 2 years,  there is still time to recover financially.  By my calculations I could retire with as little as $80,000.  I've never been able to figure out how to come up with enough income to retire with less than $120,000 until now.  With the changes I'm making to my lifestyle and my new investment portfolio, I believe that my retirement goals are well within reach.  

1 comment:

Blogger said...

With bistroMD you can trust that you will not only receive gourmet entrees, but that every entree and each in bistroMD's weight loss program will be balanced to bistroMD's custom nutritional platform to help promote healthy weight loss.

STEP 1 - Choose one of the diet plans for 5 or 7 days of meals.
STEP 2 - Take a look at your menu before ordering and select the meals you would like for each day and week.
STEP 3 - Order your diet program online.
STEP 4 - Your meals are sent to your door.

TRY IT NOW - delivered to your home.