Wednesday, March 16, 2011

UNREST IN THE MIDDLE EAST, DISASTER IN JAPAN, STOCK PLUNGE

One of the guys I work with is convinced the world is coming to an end.  With political upheaval in the middle east, earthquake and tsunami disasters in Japan, he's saying it's just what the Bible predicted for the end of times.  Whether it is the end of the world is not really for us to decide.  My bet would lean toward the world still be around for a few more years, don't really put much stock in the whole 2012 thing.

One thing I am sure of, the latest plunge in the stock market related to all the bad news from Japan and the middle east, is sure to bring about some great stock buying opportunities.  I've been building my cash reserves to take advantage of summer pullbacks in the market, but with everything that's going on right now, I may be on another buying binge sooner than I thought.  Have to get a little better idea of where things are headed first.  Most recently I've put in an order to purchase Merck (MRK:NYSE) for my taxable portfolio and Kraft (KFT:NYSE) for my IRA account.

No comments: