Monday, August 16, 2010

UPDATE ON FREE STOCKS

Not making a lot of changes in my portfolio right now.  But I wanted to update readers on the progress of my "free stock" strategy.  In earlier posts I talked about selling enough shares in Legacy Reserves LP (LGCY) and E. V. Energy Partners (EVEP) to pull all my initial investment money out of the stocks.  I intend to let the remaining shares ride to collect future dividends, figuring any dividends collected are pure profit, since I have no dollars invested in these stocks.

Just got my latest dividend payments from both stocks!  I'm thinking this is the greatest thing since sliced bread!  With no dollars invested, I've created a stream of future income, not to mention the current value of both stocks is on the rise.  What could be better?  I'm looking at some of my other stocks to see which ones I can employ the same strategy with.  I'll be selling just enough shares to take my investment capital out and keep the remaining shares of "free stock".  Then I'll redeploy the original investment capital elsewhere, in hopes of repeating the process over and over.

I'll keep the readers posted on how it's going.

No comments: