Monday, April 5, 2010

WILL DOW BREAK 11,000?

The Dow ended higher today, but failed to break the 11,000 mark. I think it's more a matter of when the Dow breaks 11,000 than if it will. I'm pretty sure we'll see the Dow break the 11,000 mark and wouldn't be surprised to see it happen as soon as tomorrow. I still think we'll see a drop in the market around the middle of the year (June or July) but it's quite possible that may not happen. We'll have to wait and see.

Got a couple more annual reports in the mail today. I already wrote about my opinion on executive compensation being out of hand. If anyone has any doubts about this being the case, they only need to review their annual reports and consider how much space is taken up detailing executive compensation and how little space in detailing company business.

On a brighter note, the rise in the market has been a nice boost to both my investment accounts. I saw some decent increases in share prices in my portfolios. Especially recently added shares of BPT. While I purchased BPT for their dividend payouts, it's nice to see such a dramatic increase in price in such a short time.

Also happy to report that my earned income is on the rise. My most recent check from my new job is getting a lot closer to my old take home pay. A promotion and subsequent raise in pay helped in that regard. We've also seen an increase in business, which means I've been able to work extra hours as well.

While there is a lot of uncertainty going forward, in regards to recent government legislation and looming tax increases, I'm beginning to feel a bit better about future prospects for my retirement. Just got to roll with the punches.

No comments: