Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Opinion Post

I'm glad to see that the leaders of the house are finally turning their attentions toward creating jobs, although I think they need to be very careful about trying to buy the nations way out of recession with taxpayer dollars. Better to give tax breaks and incentives to businesses who add jobs than to spend more money on recovery. At any rate, it's about time!

Just another note to those misguided individuals who think that the Democrats are for the poor. Out of the top 15 wealthiest members of Congress, the majority are Democrats. Does it even make sense to expect them to pass legislation to increase their own taxes? If you think so, you're only kidding yourself.

I've noticed a lot of market "experts" are now saying there may be no correction. I tend to agree with them, though I do think we're still in for a rough ride in to the new year. Most of my current positions are for the long-term, so good or bad I'll be riding it out. I take great comfort in the fact that I'll be drawing a nice stream of dividends in the mean time.

No comments: