Friday, October 16, 2009

Michael Moore on Capitalism?

In my opinion, Michael Moore's recent mockumentary on capitalism smacks of hypocrisy at its best. He is a successful capitalist, a mogul in the entertainment industry, who has benefited from the deep pockets of capitalism. Which is actually a fine example of how capitalism works and how it allows people to make big money.

Mr. Moore’s hypocrisy is in neglecting to tell his audiences that he himself is included in the class of people he deplores. How can you justify freaking out about the top 1% of the population owning 99% of the wealth in the country, when you fit in the 1% category.


This new production, much like it's predecessors, strikes me as someone taking advantage of a "dumbed down" America. Pandering to people who will believe anything as long as the story is good. And if a person is putting themselves in the position of champion for the little guy, how can they be taking advantage of them at the same time?

Of course, this is only my opinion. I could be totally wrong and Mr. Moore could truly be concerned with the plight of the everyday American. If that's the case, I'd like to help him out. If he really wants to prove he wants no part of evil capitalism, then he can donate his profits from the movie to me. I even have a donation link here on my website and accept Visa and Mastercard. Please Mr. Moore, proves us all wrong and give generously!

No comments: