Thursday, May 28, 2009

Stock Portfolio Update

With such a crazy market since the first of the year, it's easy to just sit on the sidelines and wait for more stability. Always the bull, when it comes to the stock market, I can't help but see opportunity everywhere! My IRA account, which I opened in December, is up 14.5% for the year. AFLAC (AFL) was my best purchase for this account, up an astonishing 67% since my original purchase. I think it will go even higher. Advance America Cash Advance (AEA) earned me a whopping 97% gain for my regular investment account.

So even though it's been a rough ride for the first five months of the year, as far as I'm concerned, it has presented us with a very rare opportunity to make some marvelous short term trades and fantastic long term investments.

I don't want anyone to get the idea that my life has been smooth sailing through this economy. My job shut down on January 10th and I'm still looking for work. I've had to cut back on the amount of money set aside for investing and I've practically stopped buying anything aside from the basic necessities. But I've been through much worse and this too will pass.

No comments: