Saturday, May 30, 2009

Changes To My Stock Investments

In the previous article, I mentioned I was selling my stake in Altria Group (MO) since I'm pretty much convinced they are in a declining business. I've decided to re-invest the money in three stocks:

Advance America Cash Advance (AEA)

I previously invested in Advance America for a quick trade profit and made over a 97% gain. I've come back for a second, longer term investment for the dividend.


Windstream Corp. (WIN)

A rural telecom with promising numbers and a great dividend payout.


Merck & Company Inc. (MRK)

I'm adding to my long term investment in Merck. I've made quite a bit of money trading their shares in the past. Now I'm holding on for some dividend cash.


By dividing the money up between the above stocks I should lower my risks and increase my dividend income per dollars invested.

No comments: