Sunday, June 8, 2014

JUNE OFF TO A GREAT START!

My portfolio closed out the first full week of June on the up side.  However, I'm more excited about the first 7 out of 20 dividend payments I'll receive for the month.  Monthly cash flow from dividends continues to increase month after month and June will definitely be the best month of the year so far.

That being said, I'm not resting on my laurels.  I've put in an order to purchase more shares of PHK, which will boost dividend income another 2.5% per month.  Not a big increase admittedly but this is on top of the 8% from the purchase of shares of AOD, which means I'm already over halfway towards boosting monthly income by 20% or more for the third quarter.  My goal this year has been to boost income by 20% each quarter and so far I've met or exceeded that goal.  It's pretty exciting to watch the dividends grow every month.  Reinvested dividends alone increase monthly cash flow by 1%.  So for this quarter I'm really looking at an increase of 13.5% so far.  I don't usually count this as part of my 20% increase because not counting it means I'm really increasing income 23% or more each quarter, which is in line with my goal of doubling dividend income each year.

Personal cash flow has been a problem for the first of the month, but I've managed to pay all the bills and reduce debt, so I'm not overly concerned.  I'm making a concentrated effort for the remainder of the year to pay off my remaining debt so I can divert that money toward building my investments.

No comments: