Thursday, September 20, 2012

HOW I TURNED 25 CENTS INTO $25

The week got off to a good start with a $25 sale for my resale business through Craigslist.  I sold a side table which I purchased at a yard sale for 25 cents.  When I bought the table, it was in pieces, with only one leg attached, but most of the pieces were there.  It turned out to be an easy job to re-attach the legs and clean up the table, taking about an hour of my time.  After it was finished, I took some pictures, listed it on Craigslist and sold it for $25, or 100 times what I originally paid!  Got to love resale :0)!

Just did my sweepstakes entry from today's visit to Walgreens.  Had to pick up a few items for my VA patient, so while I was there, I had them sign me up for their Balance Rewards program and give me a card to use on my next visit.  Although none of the items I purchased today earned any rewards points, a lot of the items I regularly purchase do.  So it shouldn't take long to build up a nice point balance in subsequent visits.  What a great place to shop!

No comments: