Thursday, December 1, 2011

WILL WE SEE A "SANTA RALLY" THIS DECEMBER?

Some thought the gains we saw earlier in the week were the beginnings of a "Santa Rally."  However, with today's market stall, I believe it's unlikely.  I think people are jumping on any good news, or at least no bad news.  We all want to see the economy and the stock market revive, but I still don't think that will happen without significant improvement on the jobs front.  That being said, if we get a little good news and avoid any major economic issues, we may still see a rally by the end of the year.  I don't think it will last much past January.  I still believe the best bet is good dividend yields for the foreseeable future.  

From my own investment accounts I collected some nice dividend payments today from ConAgra, Aflac and Intel.  I believe all 3 have good long term prospects and I plan on holding/increasing my positions as part of my core portfolio.  I'll be reviewing my investment strategy and tweeking my financial plan for 2012.  While my current investment plan is working out well, there's always room for improvement.   

No comments: