Tuesday, January 11, 2011

REBUILDING MY PORTFOLIO

As part of the rebuilding process of my investment portfolio, I picked up more shares of Bristol Myers (BMY:NYSE) for my taxable account and Philip Morris (PM:NYSE) for my IRA account. 

BMY has a dividend of $1.32 per share which represents a 5.10% yield on their recent share price of $25.74.  They have a ROE of 40.5% which is always good to see.  Since my heart attack I've become familiar with Plavix, one of BMY's popular prescription medications and look for them to do well in the foreseeable future. 

PM currently pays a dividend of $2.56 per share which represents a 4.50% yield on their recent share price of $56.51.  They have earnings per share of $3.76 which makes their payout ratio 63.00% of earnings, leaving room for a possible increase in dividends.  Both are long term holdings for my investment accounts.

No comments: