Tuesday, July 6, 2010

STOCKS END 7 DAY SLIDE


U.S. markets ended their seven day slide with the Dow gaining 57 points. Investors seem to be trying to make up for some steep losses by searching for value plays after the 4th of July holiday weekend. I picked more shares of General Mills (GIS) and am looking to add to some of my other positions, if the prices are right.

Had a great holiday weekend! Got to watch a couple of World Cup games. Was happy to see Uruguay win in sudden death over Ghana. Uruguay's goal keeper did a great job! Also saw the match between Germany and Argentina. I have to admit that I've never seen the German team play until now and I was expecting Argentina to win. What a shock, when Germany mopped the floor with them!!! It was an exciting match and I can't wait to see more from Germany!

No comments: