Friday, July 21, 2017

SOLD TROW BOUGHT PFE

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I looked over my portfolio for additional stocks to sell for capital gains and reinvest the cash.  I had a small profit on TROW in my ROTH IRA, so I sold the shares and kept the profit as cash.  Then reinvested the original capital in shares of PFE which is closer to its 52 week low than the 52 week high.  This increases quarterly dividend income by nearly 1% and leaves me room for share price growth.  I may have to hold the stock for quite some time before I see enough growth to sell and repeat the process, but it's a start.

Yesterday's trade along with the one I made today will nearly double investment income for the month of July 2017!  While I might not be able to do this every month, I think it's quite possible to pull this off several times per year, allowing me to greatly improve investment income.  I've decided to collect cash dividends on individual stocks while I wait to trade for capital gains.  Also decided that each time I sell a stock, I'll keep the profit (less commission costs) in cash and reinvest the original principle.  It's a work in progress that I think could greatly enhance monthly investment income.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments: