Thursday, June 25, 2015

ROYT BOOSTS DIVIDEND PAYMENT FOR JULY 2015!

Pacific Coast Oil Trust (NYSE:ROYT) announced a July cash distribution to unit holders in the amount of $0.04289 per unit.  This represents an increase of over 50% compared to the June distribution!  The trust's distribution relates to net profits and overriding royalties generated in May of 2015.  While ROYT was a speculative investment on my part, I'm happy to see the dividends rolling in!

This may be a good investment for to use my "free stock" strategy.  By "free stock" I mean, when the price per share increases to double what I paid, I sell half of the shares and take out my initial cash and keep the remaining shares.  Thus making it "free" in the sense that no out of pocket money is invested.  So whatever it makes from then on is just icing on the cake.  I'll have to keep a close eye on it.  The share price has been moving higher along with gas prices, so it could potentially double in a relatively short time.  Just have to see how it goes.

No comments: