Wednesday, July 14, 2010

CREDIT SUISSE LATEST ADDITION TO MY PORTFOLIO

I've decided to add shares of Credit Suisse (CS:NYSE) to my regular stock account. The principle activity of Credit Suisse Group is the provision of global financial services including a range of banking and insurance products. The company has earnings per share of $5.05 and pays a dividend of $1.78 which represents a 4.15% yield on their recent price of $43.01 per share. They carry a price to earnings of 8.5 and their current stock price is well below the 52 week high of $60.08. Operating out of Switzerland they are a global presence in banking with a terrific franchise name. I'm thinking it will make a great dividend play with possible capital gains as well.

While I may not have the kind of money to open a Swiss bank account, I do like the idea of owning shares in one of the largest and best known Swiss banks in the world. I also like the idea of increasing my diversification outside the United States.

No comments: